I am starting to gather some of my writings dealing with John Howard Yoder—I hope to add to these over time.
1. Pacifism and the Story of Jesus: A Summary of Yoder’s Presentation of Jesus in The Politics of Jesus
2. A Yoderian Reading of Romans
3. John Howard Yoder’s Pacifist Epistemology
4. A Faithful Teacher in the Church: A Personal Tribute to John Howard Yoder
5. Ted Grimsrud/Craig Carter Dialogue on Carter’s Book, The Politics of the Cross
6. John Howard Yoder’s Christology [a short summary essay from 1982]
7. John Howard Yoder and Contemporary Anabaptist Theology [June 2011]
Here’s a blog entry I wrote December 2010—“Word and Deed: The Strange Case of John Howard Yoder” and a Feburary 8, 2011, addendum. Here are the set of articles from 1992 in The Elkhart Truth by reporter Tom Price on the allegations of Yoder’s sexual misconduct. In August, 2013, I posted a multipart series reflecting further on Yoder’s sexual misconduct, “Reflections from a chagrined ‘Yoderian.'” A condensed and revised essay based on these blog posts has been posted as “Reflections from a chagrined ‘Yoderian’ in face of his alleged sexual violence.”
Here is an unpublished essay written in 2014: “The challenge of understanding the Yoder sexual scandal”.
Here are the first two parts of a multiple-post response to Peter Leithart’s critique of Yoder in his book Defending Constantine: “Defending Yoder: Part One—Responding to Leithart’s Critique” and “Defending Yoder: Part Two—Earl Zimmerman’s Account.”
Another blog post, July 31, 2011: “Mennonite Theology and War: Kaufman and Yoder.”
I have written a two-part critique of Paul Martens, The Heterodox Yoder (Cascade, 2012): Part I (April 2, 2012) and Part II (April 3, 2012).
Pingback: Is Karl Barth Good For Radical Discipleship Christians? | Creative Love Theism: Reflections of a Contemplative Neo-Anabaptist
Pingback: It’s Time to catch up on Yoder | Creative Love Theism: Reflections of a Contemplative Neo-Anabaptist
Pingback: Summarizing John Howard Yoder’s “Politics of Jesus” « Peace Theology