Ted Grimsrud—March 16, 2014
In honor of my late, great Wavelength radio show (archived shows are here), featured on WEMC from 2002 to 2010, I am making a list of Wavelength’s 100 favorite albums—all in good fun. There is nothing scientific (or even necessarily accurate) about this list. The list was completed on March 16, 2014. It does include several albums that have been released since December 2010, hence it is a list of Wavelength’s current favorites, not the favorites of what was featured on the show.
Before beginning the countdown of the top 100, I will offer a list of the second 200, those that didn’t quite make the cut. These records are listed alphabetically, not in order of preference. Here is the link to that list.
Here’s a link to Favorites 60 to 51.
Here’s a link to Favorites 50 to 41.
Here’s a link to Favorites 40 to 31.
Here’s a link to Favorites 30 to 21.
Here’s a link to Favorites 20 to 11.
Below are the Favorites 10 to 1—in inverse order:
10. Whiskeytown. Strangers Almanac.
9. Patti Smith. Gone Again.
8. Ray Wylie Hubbard. Delirium Temolos.
7. Lucinda Williams. Car Wheels on a Gravel Road.
6. Van Morrison. Poetic Champions Compose.
5. Bob Dylan. Blood on the Tracks.
4. Tom Waits. Bone Machine.
3. Waylon Jennings. Honky Tonk Heroes.
2. The Waterboys. Fisherman’s Blues.
1. Tom Waits. Mule Variations.