Peaceable Revelation—A series of blog posts that explores themes related to peace and justice in the book of Revelation.
- Revelation for post-Christians—June 27, 2019
- War of words: The key to understanding Revelation—July 22, 2019
- Are we living in the Great Tribulation?—August 13, 2019
- The healing of the nations in Revelation
- Our true enemy is not Trump; it is Satan
- Why worship in Revelation matters
- The plagues in Revelation come from Satan, not God
- What Revelation tells us about the “Church”
- Is Revelation about the future?
- Is Babylon so bad?
- This world is all we’ve got
- It’s hard to know how to talk about evil
- Overwhelmed by the Powers
- Did Jesus’s death “conquer” Satan?
- An anarchistic reading of Revelation
I hope to complete a new commentary on Revelation sometime in 2019. It reshapes material especially from my 2011-3 sermons (#1 below) and the running commentary I wrote while I was preparing those sermons (#4 below). The writing I have done on Revelation is organized in the following seven sections:
(1) Revelation sermons (recent). This is a series of sermons begun in September 2011 and concluded in November 2013.
(2) “What does the book of Revelation say?” a series of blog posts on ThinkingPacifism.net that summarizes these recent sermons.
(3) Revelation sermons (older). Here are two short series of sermons, five from 2008-09 and four from 1996. Other sermons on Revelation will also be posted here.
(4) Revelation commentary. This is a running series of notes commenting on Revelation. They are part of my preparation of the sermon series.
(5) Triumph of the Lamb. This is the book I published in 1987.