Ted Grimsrud—March 16, 2014
In honor of my late, great Wavelength radio show (archived shows are here), featured on WEMC from 2002 to 2010, I am making a list of Wavelength’s 100 favorite albums—all in good fun. There is nothing scientific (or even necessarily accurate) about this list. The list was completed on March 16, 2014. It does include several albums that have been released since December 2010, hence it is a list of Wavelength’s current favorites, not the favorites of what was featured on the show.
Before beginning the countdown of the top 100, I will offer a list of the second 200, those that didn’t quite make the cut. These records are listed alphabetically, not in order of preference. Here is the link to that list.
Here’s a link to Favorites 100 to 91.
Here’s a link to Favorites 90 to 81.
Here’s a link to Favorites 80 to 71.
Here’s a link to Favorites 70 to 61.
Here’s a link to Favorites 60 to 51.
Here’s a link to Favorites 50 to 41.
Here’s a link to Favorites 40 to 31.
Below are the Favorites 30 to 21—in inverse order:
30. Bob Dylan. Highway 61 Revisited.
29. Alejandro Escovedo. Gravity.
28. Tom Waits. Rain Dogs.
27. Fred Eaglesmith. Lipstick, Lies, and Gasoline.
26. Leonard Cohen. The Future.
25. Tom Waits. Frank’s Wild Years.
24. Warren Zevon. Excitable Boy.
23. Eric Taylor. Eric Taylor.
22. Townes Van Zandt. Live at the Old Quarter, Houston, Texas
21. Bob Dylan. Bringing It All Back Home.