Ted Grimsrud—March 16, 2014
In honor of my late, great Wavelength radio show (archived shows are here), featured on WEMC from 2002 to 2010, I am making a list of Wavelength’s 100 favorite albums—all in good fun. There is nothing scientific (or even necessarily accurate) about this list. The list was completed on March 16, 2014. It does include several albums that have been released since December 2010, hence it is a list of Wavelength’s current favorites, not the favorites of what was featured on the show.
Before beginning the countdown of the top 100, I will offer a list of the second 200, those that didn’t quite make the cut. These records are listed alphabetically, not in order of preference. Here is the link to that list.
Here’s a link to Favorites 100 to 91.
Here’s a link to Favorites 90 to 81.
Here’s a link to Favorites 80 to 71.
Below are the Favorites 70 to 61—in inverse order:
70. Hothouse Flowers—Songs from the Rain
69. Cowboy Junkies—The Trinity Session
68. Billy Joe Shaver—Old Five and Dimers Like Me
67. Richard and Linda Thompson—Pour Down Like Silver
66. James McMurtry—Live in Aught-Three
65. Warren Zevon—Stand in the Fire
64. Willie Nelson—Red Headed Stranger
63. Richard Thompson—Rumor and Sigh
61. Ray Wylie Hubbard—Dangerous Spirits