Ted Grimsrud—March 16, 2014
In honor of my late, great Wavelength radio show (archived shows are here), featured on WEMC from 2002 to 2010, I am making a list of Wavelength’s 100 favorite albums—all in good fun. There is nothing scientific (or even necessarily accurate) about this list. The list was completed on March 16, 2014. It does include several albums that have been released since December 2010, hence it is a list of Wavelength’s current favorites, not the favorites of what was featured on the show.
Before beginning the countdown of the top 100, I will offer a list of the second 200, those that didn’t quite make the cut. These records are listed alphabetically, not in order of preference. Here is the link to that list.
Here’s a link to Favorites 100 to 91.
Here’s a link to Favorites 90 to 81.
Below are the Favorites 80 to 71—in inverse order:
79. Tom Waits. Heartattack and Vine
78. Gillian Welch. Hell Among the Yearlings
76. Robert Earl Keen. A Bigger Piece of Sky
75. Van Morrison. Avalon Sunset
73. Slim Cessna’s Auto Club. Always Say Please and Thank You
71. Teddy Thompson. Up Front and Down Low